The living room is the common space of the house, it is one of the first places that people admire when entering your home and for this reason, it must be a place full of life and style.
Michelle Negrón, architect and expert in interior design, assures that living rooms must be places thought of multiple functions and personalities; for this reason, it must be designed to share and, being a family meeting point, it must be thought of as the link between the outside and the private areas of the house.
So if you are a seasoned organizer and are interested in keeping your home in great style, take note of the following tips:
The first thing you should do to invest in furniture for the living room is to know your tastes and those of the members of the house. For example, what activities will they do in the room; If the members are very partying people, it is better not to buy leather furniture or white fabrics.
Being a transition space between the exterior and the private environments, the room should always be located close to the main door.
Avoid covering natural light inlets with furniture; and in such case, it illuminates very well whether artificial.
4. Armchairs: the basic element
The set of armchairs in a room is the element that takes the spotlight in decorating the space; therefore, the investment in the set of armchairs must be correct, as it should last as long as possible.
These 3 tips will help you choose a set of furniture that will last over time and your style:
– Color: try to handle three basic shades, such as gray, camel and cream or white.
– Materials: as we told you at the beginning, it all depends on who uses the space, since many materials are not designed for stains caused by children or pets, for example, velvet or light colors.
– Sizes: like the material, the sizes depend on the needs of the house; For example, if it is a small family that does not receive many visits, you can opt for a simpler and smaller two-piece set of armchairs.
5. Look for the types of furniture well
Depending on the use that will be given to the room, you should look for furniture that meets the needs of the activities of the people who use the room; for example, corner posts, center tables, side tables, shelves, TV furniture, etc.
The ideal is to find furniture that contributes and is used, not just decorative objects.
6. Accessories complement your style
If you want to reflect your personality in the room, accessories are the perfect elements; From greenery to paintings or mirrors, accessories can vary as much as your personality allows. Just keep in mind that the colors combine with space and the textures so as not to oversaturate the environment.
You may also like to read- https://whizowl.co.uk/